Instructional Assistant-Dual Immersion (Bilingual Spanish Required)
Anaheim City School District
||Instructional Assistant-Dual Immersion (Bilingual Spanish Required)
||Early Childhood Education
|*If 'Early Childhood Education'
what is the age of the children?
|Schedule (ie 9-5 M-F)
||3 hours/day, 10 months/year
||$15.79 - $20.16/hour
Under general supervision, provide instruction to individuals or small groups of students in a classroom or other learning environment requiring equal fluency and instructional support capabilities in English and a second designated language; review, prepare, and modify instructional materials in both English and a second language; explain student performance to parents in both languages; complete clerical tasks; and perform other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the class.
1. Review teaching standards, content areas, and course objectives with instructor, as part of English and a second language lesson plans taught on alternating weeks.
2. Study modules and consider structured and critical thinking questions and how they might be best answered by students in each language.
3. Translate lesson plans, tests and exercises into English or second language.
4. Administer regular tests of reading comprehension, grammar, and understanding of sentence structure on a regular basis and confer with instructor regarding progress.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (continued)
5. Assist in the explanation of instructional materials, homework, and test results to individual students or small groups of students in English and a second designated language, and involving spelling, reading, art and other subjects, as directed.
6. Provide positive feedback and tips to reinforce student learning in both languages.
7. Assist in explaining student progress to parents and family members at teacher conferences; write notes, letters and other materials as necessary; assist with preparation for back-to-school night and open house programs, as assigned.
8. Perform a variety of clerical duties such as updating student profiles, recording tests and grades, assembling instructional materials, taking attendance, and typing and duplicating classroom materials; distribute and collect papers and supplies.
9. Assist in supervising children during recess and lunch period; monitor and assure proper behavior of students.
10. Prepare and operate audiovisual and media equipment as well as standard office and computer equipment; assist students at workstations in using the Accelerated Reader, Reading Counts, Math, and other specialized software applications.
11. Maintain classroom or learning facility in a clean and orderly condition.
12. Attend school functions such as back-to-school night and in-service training related to bilingual curriculum or student-related activities.
13. May attend staff development meetings.
||Bilingual Spanish Required.
Must have High School Diploma.
Must have AA degree or higher or at least 48 semester units of General Ed. or pass an Assessment Test.
•Knowledge of proper language usage, punctuation, spelling and grammar in English and Spanish;
•Knowledge of instructional and behavioral strategies used in controlling and motivating students;
•Knowledge of routine record keeping and other clerical duties;
•Ability to communicate fluently and translate instructional materials and student progress in English and Spanish;
•Ability to consider different means of communicating educational ideas and concepts in both English and Spanish;
•Ability to assume responsibility for supervising students;
•Ability to provide feedback as to how the children are performing daily assigned tasks;
•Ability to operate computer and media equipment and use specialized testing and instructional software applications;
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and parents.
|How to apply
||Online at http://www.edjoin.org/viewPosting.aspx?postingID=358064&countyID=30 or at www.acsdjobs.org
||Anaheim City School District
|City or County